ALL physicals must be completed on the
and all athletes must complete the
Physicals for the WINTER 2017-2018 season will be offered free through the school in the HS Nurse's Office on the following date/time:
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2017 FROM 8:00AM-2:30PM
If you plan to participate in any of the following Winter sports, you must sign up on the appropriate form and take the appropriate physical paperwork that will be on the table outside of the HS Cafeteria from Monday, SEPTEMBER 25th thru Friday, SEPTEMBER 29th. The forms must be completed and returned to the Nurse's office by 3:00PM on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29th and you MUST have an appointment to receive a physical. Turn in the correct form to the Nurse and exchange the form for an Appointment Slip to schedule your physical. Appointments are scheduled on a first come first served basis! If you do not receive an appointment slip then you are NOT scheduled for a physical.
Varsity/JV Boys Basketball (Grades 9/10/11/12) - First Practice Date is Friday, 11/17
Varsity/JV Girls Basketball (Grades 9/10/11/12) - First Practice Date is Friday, 11/17
Varsity/JH Wrestling (Grades 7/8/9/10/11/12) - First Practice Date is Friday, 11/17
Varsity/JH Cheerleading (Grades 7/8/9/10/11/12) - First Practice Date is Friday, 11/17
Varsity Swimming - Independent only (Grades 9/10/11/12) - First Practice Date is Friday, 11/17
Indoor Track - club (Grades 9/10/11/12) - First Practice Date is Friday, 11/17
Junior High Girls Basketball (Grades 7/8) - First Practice Date is Monday, 10/16
Junior High Boys Basketball (Grades 7/8/9) - First Practice Date is Monday, 12/4
PLEASE read through the paperwork and call the HS Nurse’s office at 570-584-5901 during school hours to schedule your child’s physical (or email Mrs. Easton at email@example.com).
Please set up your physical appointment by Friday, September 29th.
No appointments will be made after this date!
If you can NOT make any of the above dates/times, or you plan to get your physical at your private physician, you are responsible for scheduling a physical with your private physician and return to the below address (you must use the PIAA ATHLETIC PHYSICAL PAPERWORK....PLEASE NOTE THE PHYSICAL CANNOT BE PERFORMED PRIOR TO JUNE 1, 2017 FOR THIS UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR):
Hughesville High School
c/o Brian Duke, ATC
349 Cemetery Street
Hughesville, PA 17737
- All students must turn in a completed physical form prior to participating/practicing in an athletic season.
- If you miss your scheduled physical appointment on the above dates then you will need to get a physical from your private physician.
- All students must have a new physical for each school year. The physical MUST be on the CIPPE form, and cannot be dated prior to JUNE 1. You can download the CIPPE form from the "Files and Links" tab above.
- For the Winter/Spring seasons - If you played a Fall or Winter Sport and you answered "NO" to all of the questions on the Re-Certification (Section 7) page of the CIPPE form, then your parent/guardian needs to sign the Section 7 and you return it to the Athletic Trainer or Nurse. You do not have to schedule an appointment if you have not had any injuries. You are only required to get one physical for the entire school year unless you had an injury as stated in the Re-Certification section of the CIPPE form. PLEASE NOTE - the Re-Certification Form must be completed NOT earlier than 6 WEEKS prior to the first practice date of the sport in which you would like to participate.
- Turn in the correct form to the Nurse and exchange the form for an Appointment Slip to schedule your physical. If you do not receive an appointment slip then you are NOT scheduled for a physical.
- If you have further questions, please contact Kevin Steele, Athletic Director at 570-584-6384 or Brian Duke, Athletic Trainer at 570-584-6136, or Carolyn Easton, High School Nurse at 570-584-5901.